Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Need Tips: Why do I ALWAYS want a doll?!

  1. #1
    Polly Marie
    Guest Polly Marie's Avatar

    Post

    quote:
    -------------------------------
    Originally posted by Polly Marie:
    ----I think I need to take my own advice!
    I know I need to ! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie
    -------------------------------
    Originally reply posted by prasnlrd:
    YOU SURE DO HONEY!...Mwahahahahaaaaa...
    <font color="red">-------------------------------------
    </font>
    Here's another tip, Elle:
    <font color="purple">Live vicariously through Sheila's doll collecting!</font> [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jerseycow6's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2006
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, having the dolls randomly get put away and opening them at a later time really does make it seem like an extra Christmas with items you already have... but I've found that I actually go crazier wanting to buy more dolls when I can't have my dolls around... I guess to have some around... maybe you could send a doll traveling so you get to have fun preparing for her trip and hearing about her adventures and stuff, and then it's like putting her away, but she doesn't have to be in a stuffy storage box all that time!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AgLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2005
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sometimes feel like this, but its usually when there's tons of dolls I want but I can only get one... Try dressing your dolls in outfits of different time periods, give them a different name for a while, and pretend they're in a school play. Or using the dolls you have you can "make" friend dolls by dressing the closest doll in appropriate clothes. If one of your dolls has a birthday, make them some stuff and throw them a party. Make mini invitations and go through all the dolls recieving them. Or go through all your dolls and think of why you like them, and think why you like the ones you don't have. Chances are, since you know your dolls personalities, you'll have more reasons to like them. Get in a project, like a story, album, or movie. If you put all your dolls away for about a week or just a half-week you'll probably miss them and be glad when you take them back.

  4. #4
    thepidget
    Guest thepidget's Avatar

    Post

    Perhaps it might help if you spent some time away from your dolls. Just put them up on a shelf (or wherever they belong) and go do your own thing for a couple of days. If you start missing them, maybe you'll feel more appreciation for what you already have? You know that old saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

    As much as I love my AG's, I don't think I could play with them every single day. Just how it is with real relationships with people, sometimes separation time can be good. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Hope that helps.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had the same problem and I already had plenty of dolls all over my house. [img]redface.gif[/img]

    Well my kids are bringing tons of teenage friends in and now my niece and nephews are coming to stay for a month, so I put up a shelf for my dolls. I wanted a safe place for them out of the sunlight and also a place to play with them.

    I now have a lovely shelving unit that holds two horses, my books, and 16 dolls. I also put my cabana and my chairs on the floor in front of the shelf and that made room for four more dolls. That puts me at a nice even number of 20 dolls. By doing this, I realized that I really don't want more than that.

    Since I already had a few more than that, I went through the process of deciding which dolls would get a place and which dolls wouldn't. My dd said it was like watching an episode of Survior. LOL

    When my niece comes, I am going to let her choose from my extra dolls and then I will sell the others. I have never been good at parting with dolls, but since these dolls are obviously not as favored as the other ones, I think they should go somewhere where they will be.

    Seeing my dolls all together on their lovely shelf is such a joy and it has helped me see that I have more than enough dolls. The shelf also allows me to be able to play with a few dolls at a time while the rest wait together for their turn to come down and play. I am no longer overwhelmed by the large nubmer, each doll gets personal attention, and I am having WAY more fun! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Find a place for your dolls, fill it up and then stop. If you find yourself drawn to a new doll, then ask yourself if you want her bad enough to part with one that you already have.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 27, 2006 02:04 PM: Message edited by: MaryCarly ]</font>

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've tried EVERYTHING!
    I always want a doll. I can't ever be happy with the dolls I have. If I get a new dollie, I'm happy for like 2 days, and then I get bored. And I start looking for new dolls to "want". What a terrible habit! I hate doing it and I really want ways to help me enjoy the dolls that I acutally have more so that I dont EO"M"BA. (Even though here, that is encouraged [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

    But I've tried a lot of tips and none of them work. I've sat down with my dolls, read them stories, spent all day brushing their hair and changing them, I just get bored after a while. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE them to death, I just feel like I need something new. And no, an outfit or accessory doesn't work. LOL [img]smile.gif[/img] . Ohh, I should not be laughing. [img]frown.gif[/img]

    Does anyone have bonding tips that they use with their dolls? And how well does it work? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

    -Elle [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member littledarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I get that way too, and honestly what seems to help the most it staying away from this board for a while. [img]frown.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Post

    Oh Honey! Do not beat yourself up like this! You are not bored or bad....YOU ARE AN AG GONER!!!! Listen; I had 15 morsels when I came to this board....Now I have 28!!! Do not even think about it...just EOYBA!!! and keep loving AG!
    <font color="red">...Mwahahahahaaaaa...</font>"Ain't" it Grand!<font color="red">...Mwahahahahaaaaa...</font>"

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by AG*Gymnast:
    I get that way too, and honestly what seems to help the most it staying away from this board for a while. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="10">ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</font>

    "BINGO"!...but can you really do it!
    <font color="red">...Mwahahahahaaaaa...</font>"Ain't" it Grand!<font color="red">...Mwahahahahaaaaa...</font>"

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner cebula_2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2005
    Posts
    848
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know exactly what you mean. I have the same problem. I just got Molly and now I want Kit... lucky for me I have no money. I don't know how to help, but thought I would lend some sympathy. *sigh* What I'm trying right now is looking at my dollies and thinking of how beautiful they are and all I can do with them...that and the fact that if I get to many dollies there will be no room on my bed for me. Good luck! (And if you have any better solutions, I'm all ears.) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •